Blog Archive

Sprinkles

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, April 21, 2008

Going for it....

One of my resolutions for this year is to run....I have been doing pretty good but I get flaky at time :-) So I decided to go for a marathon and why not add a good cause to it too?



So tomorrow is my first meeting and I am a little nervous and excited at the same time...



If you are local you can check out this site...... Team in Training PB not local don't worry there's stuff for you too .... Team in Training USA



My mom is joining me too, have you ever ran a marathon? I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!



Here is a little more information....



The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® is the world's largest endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run or walk marathons and half marathons or participate in triathlons and century (100-mile) bike rides. Since 1988, more than 360,000 volunteer participants have helped raise more than $850 million.



By helping to raise funds for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma research and patient services, you'll receive:



  • Personalized fitness training by certified coaches for a period of four to five months


  • Training clinics


  • Your own personal Web site for online fundraising


  • A supportive group of teammates


  • Lodging and airfare to more than 60 accredited events in the United States and abroad.



No comments:

Post a Comment